Friday, April 20, 2007

Thoroughly Modern and Hilariously Funny

On Wednesday night I ventured out to Hale Centre Theatre in West Valley City for opening night of Thoroughly Modern Millie. My friend (and fellow blog contributer - please see the sidebar) Michelle Blake starred as Miss Dorothy where the cast had the entire audience tapping their toes and laughing out loud to this four tony award winning musical. The Hale Centre Theatre lends itself to a magical experience for everyone involoved - theatre in the round gives you a great seat no matter where you are in relation to the stage. But I honestly don't think I've had this much fun at a show since I saw Wicked on Broadway. The music is fantastic, the cast is superb and the story will have you rolling in the aisles. In short, if you're in Utah, you need to see this play. Running through June 9th.

4 comments:

MegRuth said...

did they have the awesome typwriter dance too?

Michelle said...

Yes, we do have the typewriter dance, although the choreography might not be quite as spectacular as it was on Broadway. However, I do have to say that I am very proud of this show and I really think it is good. So come see it! I play on Mon, Wed, and Fri evenings, and at the 12:30 Saturday matinee.

Thanks for coming, Sarah, and thanks for the plug!

Sarah said...

congrats on the fantastic review: http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660214669,00.html

islandboy said...

I loved this show too. I think it was even better cuz my Mother designed all of the costumes. She did a great job. Props to my Mom